Tuesday, 8 June 2010

8th June 2010

Today, as planned, we recorded 'Red Dwarf' for which I have already produced titles. The actual final product has varied massively from our original plan. Orignally, we were going to film a man in red face paint (as a dwarf) however after a brainstorm we thought it would be funnier to have the red dwarf in a situation, therefore we found a classroom and filmed in there.
The biggest issue we faced was making Matt Bird look like a dwarf as obviously this is a crucial part of the joke, we had to create the illusion he was shorter than he was. I attempted standing above the set to try and change perspectives but that would not work. I came up with the idea of raising the tables and chairs to a slightly bigger height, creatnig the illusion Matt was at a lower height. This worked perfectly, the chairs and tables were lowered for wide shots and should all cut together nicely in post. Everything went very smoothly and I believe this will be one of the better shows in our series.

No comments:

Post a Comment